01. First of all, let’s make sure that your plush toys can be washed in a washing machine. At this time, we need to find the label on the toy and read the washing instructions carefully. But mohair, wool, rayon plush, and alpaca hair cannot be washed in a washing machine. If the toy itself is severely damaged or too bulky, it is recommended not to machine wash it.
02. Next, let’s stick to the surface of the plush toy. If there is a torn or loose place on the surface of the toy, it needs to be seen before it can be put into the washing machine. And toy accessories, such as bows, small clothes, etc. also need to be taken off.
03. After taking off the accessories, we put the plush toy in the mesh laundry bag. Laundry bags can be bought in supermarkets or online. Then, we choose the gentle washing mode of the washing machine and add a small amount of mild detergent, depending on the size or number of dolls. Moreover, hot water cannot be used, otherwise, the filling will be discolored, and hot water will be harmful to the glued parts on the toy.
04. After the washing machine is cleaned, you may find that the plush toys become bulky. Therefore, we need to check whether the plush toy has pilled during the drying process, and if so, gently fix it in a wet state. This effect is better. During the drying period, we have to tap the doll from time to time to disperse the inner filling and restore its fluffy state.
05. After the plush toy is dry, you can relocate the removed accessories; then gently straighten the fluff with your hands, so that you can get a clean plush toy again!